|About us||Courses||Venue & Schedules||Teachers||Sample Works||Contact|
BASIC CARTOONING AND COMIC STRIP ILLUSTRATION WORKSHOP
To introduce and teach participants to the basics of cartooning and the
use of humor in storytelling.
COMIC STRIP ILLUSTRATION CONTENT
The Fun Begins!
An overview of the skills of participants
- Initial drawing of the male and female anatomy (serious and
* Skills evaluation of
the workshoppers to check and see what level they would start off.
Feet, Fingers & Faces
- Why four fingers is better
- Toes, shoes, and wide wacky stompers
- Big or small faces
* Specializing in limbs
whether normal or exaggerated.
- Playing Dr. Frankenstein
- Clothes make the ‘toon
- How to respond when a piano falls on you from a building
* Character designing and how to create the perfect character for your comics.
- Utilizing the power of humor
- Actions speak louder than words
- Setting up the stage for your characters
* Scripting, dialogue and background setting while understanding why comedy is better than drama.
The Last Laugh!
- Setting up the situation
- Who talks with who?
- Pulling the lever on the trapdoor
- Breaking the fourth wall
* Putting it all
together to make it work using panels.